Top 10 Daily Boosters:
1. Quote of the Week:
2. Parenting Boost
Littles (0-5) Sketch a cartoon on a post-it note for your child(ren) and put it on your fridge.
Middles (6-12) Write a note on a post-it to your child(ren) and hide it in their room: (this week’s example) “I like how you brushed your hair this morning without my asking!”
Bigs (13-18+) Text-your-Teen-at-Ten: Send a text to your teenager each day at 10:00am (this week’s example) “Three friends I like to hang out with are…”
3. Marriage Booster
Part 1:Each day share one interesting quote/fact/news story with your spouse (can’t be about carpooling or homework).
This week’s example: 7 Outdoor Living Trends for Summer
Part 2: Each day text yourself a compliment. Instead of waiting to get kudos from your spouse (soemthing you can’t control) give yourself a daily compliment (can control). It really does help!
4. Dinner Booster
“What’s for Dinner?” Try this, this week:
5. Faith Boost
Hot tempers start fights; a calm, cool spirit keeps the peace.
Proverbs 15:18 (MSG)
6. Blog of the Week Link
7. Bedtime Boost-Story Starter In an ideal world I would snuggle with each of my kids before bed and tell them elaborate bedtime stories starring them as the hero. However I would have to start at 6:00pm to get through all my kids and my 15-year-old doesn’t want me in his room let alone doing any snuggling, so here is a weekly story starter that you can use maybe once this week with some of your kiddos.
“When I woke up this morning, the empty easter eggs next to my bed started moving…”
8. Bedtime Boost-Prayer: Say a quick prayer each night with your kids. Teach them to pray for others. If they are worried about having bad dreams, encourage them to pray for three other kids that might be afraid to go to sleep that night too.
9. Gratitude Booster: 3 things you’re thankful for…
1. My niece giggling at the petting zoo at church.
2. The Easter Service
3. Going out with my friend the other night for some girl time
10. Punch Out: At the end of the day I’m looking forward to…
My “Punch Out” for April is “Fruit Juice and Facebook”. So each night after I put the kids to bed I am going to sit down at my computer and pour myself a nice glass of juice (Strawberry-Orange-Pineapple, Mango, CranRaspberry…)I have a wide variety, and kick-back and read my facebook feeds.