The kids…all six of them…have gone to school! I have been a stay-at-home mom for 15 years and my youngest, five-year-old twins, just started Kindergarten this past fall. I have been writing and speaking off-and-on for years, but now I am able to dedicate more time to really pursuing a job as a freelance writer, author, and speaker!
I am passionate about children. When I was little I wanted to be a teacher and a mom. Becoming a teacher was easy compared to becoming a mom. I have become a mom through giving birth, adopting internationally, adopting dometically, doing IVF and surrogacy. Over a period of nine years, my husband and I welcomed eight children into our family, two of which passed away as babies, leaving us with a family of six kids. I want to give hope to those dealing with infertility and to offer light-hearted encouragment to those who are moms.
For the past couple years I have been:
- I have written articles for Thriving Family magazine, Twins Magazine, and adoption.com.
- My memoir, Recipe for a Family: A Handful of Preemies, a Couple of Orphans, and the Baby Next Door, is on the desk of several publishers as I wait, (and pray!), that it will be accepted for publication. I am currently working on a humorous parenting book based on the antics from my Barren to Bonkers blog.
- I speak for women’s groups, MOPS groups, women’s church events/retreats.
- I share the faith story of how our family came together, after many losses, through adoption, IVF, and surrogacy.
- There are several workshops I have presented in about infertility, adoption, pregnancy loss, and preemies.
- RESOLVE Midwest Family Building Conference, Keynote Speaker in 2007 (RESOLVE is the National Infertility Group)
- 2004-present: RESOLVE Family Building Conference workshop presenter
- MOPS groups throughout the Twin Cities
- Faith Story at Wooddale Church in Minneapolis
- Faith-based Fertility and Family Building class
Thank you for joining me!